Westcombe Park, Guildford, Surrey
Our Landscape Architects provided the garden concepts and the detailed production drawings for this large suburban garden. Working closely with the client and the architects BBF Fielding the key garden features are:
- A land drainage system to the formal lawns.
- A sustainable drainage system (SUDS).
- An elevated Ipê hardwood timber deck and floating steps.
- A greenhouse, raised vegetable beds and orchard.
- A play area.
- A 'limestone pavement' built using large pieces of recycled limestone rockery. Inspired by the karst topography of the Yorkshire Dales and alvars.
- Slate paving.
- 'Argent Priora' permeable block paving (linking with the SUDs system).
- Ornamental planting and an automated irrigation system (using recycled water).