Ruislip Lido, Ruislip (London Borough of Hillingdon)
Originally a feeder reservoir for the Grand Junction Canal, the 60 acre lake became Ruislip Lido in the 1930's. In its heyday a popular location for swimming, boating and water skiing.
The development of the Waters Edge Inn by Whitbread Breweries enabled the area to be restored. The Waters Edge provided a new attraction and a visitor centre for the park.
Our Landscape Architects worked with Whitbread on the master plan, the planning submission, the management plan and the hard and soft landscape details.
The work included:
- The restoration of the 'beach' and associated facilities.
- The restoration of the circulating paths/road ways
- Improvement to the play areas
- Clearance of the reservoir edge and new edge treatments
- New formal lawns around the Inn
- A management plan zoning land use from intensive play through to nature conservation
- New native planting to integrate the development and reinforce the land use zones